READY AND PREPARED
Our engineering team includes industry leaders, PhDs, former DOT employees, and young engineers beginning their careers. We take pride in working together, taking ownership of project tasks, and being inclusive.Contact Us
Chemistry is an important part of roadways and highways. It helps determine the safety of the road and surrounding area. It can help prevent pollution of drinking water and groundwater. It also helps protect soils and wetlands, to help protect wildlife and livestock.
Water Testing, EPA
WATER TESTING, EPA
SW-846 and EPA methodologies by ICP-AES, GFAA, and CVAA technologies provide metals analysis of solids, sludge, soils, wastewater, drinking water, and groundwater. These methodologies have NELAC accreditation pending.
- EPA 150.1 – pH in Aqueous Samples
- EPA 200.7 – Inductively Coupled Plasma – Atomic Emission Spectrometry
- EPA 245.1 – Mercury in Liquid Waste
- 3005A – Acid Digestion of Waters for ICP Analysis
- 3010A – Acid Digestion of Aqueous Samples and Extracts for ICP Analysis
- 3020A – Acid Digestion of Aqueous Samples and Extracts for GFAA Analysis
- 3050B – Acid Digestion of Sediments, Solids and Soils
- 6010C – Inductively Coupled Plasma – Atomic Emission Spectrometry
- 7010A – Graphite Furnace Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometry
- 7470A – Mercury in Liquid Waste
- 7471B – Mercury in Solid or Semi-solid Waste
The paint and glass beads used to create stripes on Utah’s highways and byways must have specific characteristics in order to produce the appropriate results. Trust us to follow all federal, ASTM, and AASHTO specifications when performing tests. All methodologies are in compliances with yearly AMRL paint proficiency tests and UDOT guidelines.
- ASTM D2369 – Volatile Content of Coatings (Total Solids)
- ASTM D3723 – Pigment Content of Traffic Paint
- ASTM D711 – No-Pick-Up Time
- ASTM D1475 – Density of Paint
- ASTM D562 – Consistency of Paints Using Stormer Viscometer (Viscosity)
- ASTM D1214 – Sieve Analysis of Glass Spheres
- ASTM D1155 – Roundness of Glass Spheres (-30)
- Federal Lands Highway T520-93 – Determining the Roundness of Large Glass Beads
- Rohm and Haas Co. – Analysis of Traffic Paints by FT-IR for the Presence of Fastrack HD-21A
- AASHTO M247 (5.3.5) – Flotation of Glass Beads
- (5.3.2) – Moisture Resistance of Glass Beads
- (5.3.4) – Bead Coating of Glass Beads
- (5.3.1) – Flow Characteristics of Glass Beads
Federal Specification TT-B-1325C
- Color and Clarity of Glass Beads
- Air Inclusion of Glass Beads
- Chemical Resistance of Glass Beads to – Hydrochloric Acid
AASHTO methods allow our AMRL accredited laboratory to perform pH and resistivity tests.
- AASHTO T288 – Determining Minimum Laboratory Soil Resistivity
- AASHTO T289 – Determining pH of Soil for Use in Corrosion Testing
REQUEST A BID/QUOTE
For more information and to discuss a potential partnership, please request a quote on your project and we will get back to you shortly.
We look forward to speaking with you.